What began in October 1945 with a small group gathering to worship in the basement of Lomond School has blossomed into a community of over 1,400 families growing in their faith through prayer, education and outreach.
The spirit of those families who founded St. Dominic Parish over 65 years ago has never wavered. It was passed on through generations of people who followed in their footsteps on this faith journey. Their dedication to our church and their vision for our future have enabled St. Dominic to touch the lives of hundreds of children, adults and elderly in our community.
We have traveled together in faith and have been strengthened by each other and the wonderful blessings that have highlighted the seasons of our past. Together, we continue to build on this foundation for the next generation of the Church of St. Dominic.
To read a complete history of our parish community (pdf), click here:
history of St. Dominic. The origin of this colorful historical account was the program for the dedication of the church dated August 8, 1948.