Click here for a link to our current and recent bulletins. More information can also be found on the News & Events page.
The Lenten season is just a few days away, and the staff at St. Dominic has planned a multitude of activities for you to consider while “strengthening your spirit” during these holy days….
- Make sure you pick up the “Little Black Book” for adults and the “Little Purple Book” for kids at the doors of church. This daily devotional offers wonderful prayers and insights about our Catholic faith.
- On Tuesday evening we will celebrate our monthly mass at Warrensville Developmental Center, followed by a snack and craft activity. We meet at 6:00pm and typically wrap up within an hour. Parishioners of all ages are welcome to join us. Contact Bonnie Stein at the parish office for more details.
- On Wednesday of this week we begin our three day collaborative revival: “Is God In Control of Your Life?” The revival will start on Wednesday evening with a 7pm mass. On Thursday and Friday there will be a prayer service, music and preaching at 7pm. Sponsored by the Diocesan Ministry for African American Catholics, the revival is open to everyone in the parish and will “lift your spirit” as we begin this holy season. Join us for one night or all three!
- Please note there will also be Ash Wednesday masses at 6:30am, 8:30am and 5pm, in addition to the revival mass at 7pm. A reminder that Ash Wednesday is a day of fast and abstinence for Catholics, meaning you are asked to abstain from eating meat and to fast in between meals. Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence only. Each of these practices unites Catholics throughout the world in praying for ourselves and one another that we may grow closer to Christ during this Lenten season.
- Friday is the first of our award winning Lenten Fish Frys! Kathleen and Leo Pullella and their amazing crew of volunteers promise another wonderful dining experience! Please see the insert for more details.
- Finally, our Lenten Adult Education series, The Francis Factor Part II: The Joy of Being Catholic, will begin on Tuesday March 11th at 9am and 7pm. Please see the brochure in next week’s bulletin for more details.